13 Reasons To Have Your Vehicle Professionally Cleaned...
The clock is ticking - Time is a contributing factor that can harm your car's exterior. The longer a substance like dirt, bird droppings, salt, etc., is on the vehicle, the greater the probability and extent of damage. Regular car washes can help protect your car throughout the entire year.
This is just one reason to ensure you keep your vehicle sparkling. Here are another dozen.
The following, courtesy of the International Carwash Association (ICA), are twelve more reasons why you should have your car professionally cleaned.
- Feel good - Washing your car is like brushing your teeth or taking a shower - you just feel better afterward.
- Save time - Do the things you'd rather do and still have time to do the things you should do.
- Protect the environment - Professional car washes use sophisticated technology and specially designed equipment to conserve water. The contaminants are washed off and channeled through sanitation sewers to water-treatment plants. Home car washing wastes water, and the soap and dirt end up in storm sewers which flow into lakes, streams and rivers - polluting the environment.
- Protect your investment - A properly maintained finish on your vehicle means a higher resale or trade-in value.
- Pride in ownership - Your car looks better clean rather than dirty. And, if you don't care for it, who will?
- Preventative maintenance - All vehicles, regardless of the finish (clear coat, acrylic, enamel, etc.), require regular washing throughout the year, just like a good maintenance program prolongs the life and performance of your car.
- Acid rain - Emissions from chemical plants, fossil fuels, power plants and internal-combustion engines are transported and altered in the atmosphere. When deposited onto your car's surface in either a wet or dry state, they become sulfuric or nitric acids which, if left on the surface, can damage the paint.
- Heat damages - Temperature accelerates problems. The acids in bugs, bird droppings, tree sap and leaves become more active through heat. Metal retains this heat and increases the chances of permanent stains.
- Sunburns - Sunlight exposure, with its ultraviolet rays, accelerates the aging process and diminishes the gloss on your finish. Coatings and sealants are necessary to provide a protective barrier while enhancing your exterior's gloss and shine.
- Moisture destroys - Water can trap dirt to a metal surface, allowing the oxidation process to occur, which ultimately causes rust and corrosion.
- Unhealthy salt - Sea and road salt cause a chemical reaction that can accelerate the pitting and rusting of your car's surface. The undercarriage especially prone to this damage due to many out-of-sight areas where salt can lodge.
- Clean wheels - Road grime and brake dust cling to wheels and hubcaps. If not removed, they actually can permeate the metal, causing major damage.
Call Your Service Adviser at 1-888-763-6121